Applications are now available! Applications due February 3, 2023.
The Auburn-Washburn Preschool Program provides an opportunity for typically developing children to participate in district Early Childhood classrooms.
Each individual child masters skills at their own rate across several developmental domains. All children can provide positive interactions, demonstrate play skills, and model patience, empathy, language, and behavior in the classroom for others.
Applicants may only include children who reside within the USD 437 attendance area or staff children. Additionally, children must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be 3 or 4 years old on or before August 31.
- Students must have strong language and social development skills.
- Students must be fluent in speaking and understanding English.
- Students must pass an eligibility screening.
- Students must be toilet trained.
- Students who meet KSDE at-risk criteria should apply for that program in February.
Classes are held five half-days per week, and cost $175 per month, August through May.
Applications are typically available each January for the upcoming school year.