"Inspiring, challenging, and preparing every child, every day."
Auburn-Washburn strives to deliver exemplary, world-class education for all students, instilling in them the academic knowledge, skills for success, and character required to be happy, responsible, and productive citizens.
Auburn-Washburn schools provides a safe, enjoyable, and challenging school environment where students have the opportunity to achieve their maximum individual education potential. All students receive a balanced education where traditional academics are taught, creativity and innovation are cultivated, and skills for success are developed; preparing them to assume roles as responsible citizens in a global community, the workplace, and in life.
We believe learning is a lifelong process. The following values will help realize our vision:
- We believe in the value and uniqueness of each student:
- Each student has different needs.
- Each student should have the opportunity, and be encouraged, to reach their potential.
- Each student is entitled to a safe, current, and well-maintained school environment.
- We believe that excellence in education is a multifaceted process:
- Excellence requires building meaningful relationships with all stakeholders and especially with students.
- Excellence requires the commitment and judicious stewardship of community resources.
- Excellence prepares students to become happy, responsible, and productive citizens; to successfully live and work in a complex, ever-changing world.
- Excellence is a combination of academic performance and skills for success.
- Excellence must be a dynamic and engaging process in order to meet changing needs.
- Excellence requires rigorous assessment and feedback of both students and faculty staff.
- Excellence requires focus on the future.
- Excellence depends upon effective resource management.
- Excellence, both academic and skills for success, should be recognized and celebrated.
- We believe that respect and responsibility are essential components of an excellent education:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Effective communication enhances trust and cooperation.
- Each student is responsible for their own actions.
- Responsibility for public education rests jointly with students, parents, teachers, and community.