State Pre-Kindergarten Program
The Auburn-Washburn School District is pleased to announce openings in the District-Wide half-day State Pre-Kindergarten Program for the 2023-2024 school year. BOTH the following forms must be completed and submitted.
This program is for residents of USD 437 and is designed to prepare children to succeed in kindergarten. There is no tuition charge, but parents are responsible for a $25 enrollment fee. Transportation is provided to an address within the Auburn-Washburn district boundaries.
The application and case history forms are available online (see below), at each Auburn-Washburn elementary school, or the Shuler Education Center at 5928 SW 53rd Street. Students must be 3 or 4 years old by August 31, 2023, live in the Auburn-Washburn School District, and meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Evaluated and has a developmental delay
- Primary language is not English
- Parent lacks high school diploma or GED
- One parent age 19 or younger at child's birth
- Single-parent family
- Child is in foster or kinship care, or monitored by KS Department for Children & Families
- Parents are migratory agricultural workers
- Child lacks health insurance
- Qualifies for free or reduced school lunch program
- Family is homeless
Applying does not guarantee the child a slot in the classroom. After an application is submitted, parents will be contacted mid-March and asked to complete additional paperwork and submit enrollment documents.
Please return your completed application and case history forms listed below to Renae Silvers at Shuler Education Center, 5928 SW 53rd Street or at email@example.com.