Mission Statement: The mission of the Auburn-Washburn School District is to deliver an exemplary, world-class education for all students, instilling in them the academic knowledge, skills for success, and character required to be happy, responsible and productive citizens.
Vision Statement: The Auburn-Washburn School District will provide all children a safe, enjoyable, and challenging school environment where they have the opportunity to achieve their maximum individual education potential. All students will receive a balanced education where traditional academics are taught, creativity and innovation are cultivated, and skills for success are developed; preparing them to assume roles as responsible citizens in a global community, the workplace and in life.
Core Values: We believe learning is a lifelong process. The following values will help realize our vision:
We believe in the value and uniqueness of each student:
- Each student has different needs
- Each student should have the opportunity and be encouraged to reach his/her potential
- Each student is entitled to a safe, current and well-maintained school environment
We believe that excellence in education is a multifaceted process:
- Excellence requires building meaningful relationships with all stakeholders and especially with students.
- Excellence requires the commitment and judicious stewardship of community resources.
- Excellence prepares students to become happy, responsible and productive citizens; to successfully live and work in a complex, ever changing world.
- Excellence is a combination of academic performance and skills for success.
- Excellence must be a dynamic and engaging process in order to meet changing needs.
- Excellence requires rigorous assessment and feedback of both students and staff.
- Excellence requires focus on the future.
- Excellence depends upon effective resource management.
- Excellence, both academic and skills for success, should be recognized and celebrated.
We believe that respect and responsibility are essential components of an excellent education:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Effective communication enhances trust and cooperation.
- Each student is responsible for his/her own actions.
- Responsibility for public education rests jointly with students parents, teachers and community.
Approved: July 25, 2016