Please contact Washburn Rural High School Attendance if your student is going to be late or absent:
Fax: (785) 339-4125
Please refer to the Washburn Rural High School Student Handbook for questions regarding Attendance Policy.
- Except for emergencies, Attendance office staff may not interrupt classes to remove students. Your assistance with limiting instruction interruptions is greatly appreciated. Please give Attendance office staff a minimum one passing period (one hour notice) to alert your student to retrieve their permission slip.
- You may leave a voice message for on the Attendance phone line for all types of absences; however, you must speak to directly to a staff member for time-sensitive releases.
- All students arriving after 8:00 AM must check in at the Attendance Office. Verification of each student's whereabouts must be provided to the Attendance Office upon their return.
- Parents are responsible for alerting the Attendance Office when their student is absent. Unconfirmed absences will be marked unexcused, and consequences assigned, after 24 hours.
- Absences greater than three consecutive days require and Extended Absence form (available from the Attendance Office) be submitted prior to the absence.
- Pick-up and drop-off must be done at the main (circle drive) entrance.