One of two schools located in Auburn-Washburn's most densely populated area, Indian Hills Elementary opened in 1988 to serve the district's increasing enrollment numbers. In fall 2014, Indian Hills added proudly a preschool program to its already varied educational and extracurricular student programs.
Indian Hills Elementary will provide a safe and positive environment that instills skills for success and academic achievement for all students.
Indian Hills will provide all students a safe, enjoyable, and challenging school environment where they have the opportunity to achieve their maximum individual education potential. All students will receive a balanced education where traditional academics are taught, creativity and innovation are cultivated, and skills for success are developed; preparing them to assume roles as responsible citizens in a global community, the workplace, and in life.
We believe in the value and uniqueness of each student:
- Each student has different needs.
- Each student should have the opportunity and be encouraged to reach their potential.
- Each student is entitled to a safe and secure school environment.
We believe that excellence in education is a multifaceted process:
- Excellence requires building meaningful relationships with all stakeholders, especially with students.
- Excellence prepares students to become happy, responsible, and productive citizens and to successfully live and work in a complex, ever-changing world.
- Excellence is a combination of improving academic performance and developing skills for success.
- Excellence must be a dynamic and engaging process in order to meet changing needs.
- Excellence requires rigorous assessment of, and feedback to, students and staff.
- Excellence requires focus on the future.
- Excellence depends upon effectively managed resources.
- Excellence, both academic and skills for success, should be recognized and rewarded.
We believe that respect and responsibility are essential components of an excellent education:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Effective communication enhances trust and cooperation.
- Each student is responsible for their own actions.
- Responsibility for public education rests jointly with students, parents, teachers, and the community.
- All students will achieve their individual academic potential.
- Create a trusting and safe environment for the community.
- Infuse skills for success into learning.