The Auburn-Washburn Public Schools Foundation is made-up of of parents, community members, and district staff who work together to provide alternative means to enhance, enrich, and expand education programs, which are unavailable via conventional funding, for Auburn-Washburn students.
Board of Directors
- Lori Hutchinson, President
- Alex Reilly, Secretary
- Russ Petty, Treasurer
- Steven Ballou
- Keith Blackburn
- Evan Bounous
- Angela Davis
- Joy Glynn
- April Kelsey
- Sherryl Longhofer
- Ken Morse
- Rim Royer
- Betsy Scott
- Chuck Cordt, Executive Director (ex-officio)
- David Hines, BOE Representative (ex-officio)
- Dr. Scott McWilliams, Superintendent (ex-officio)
- Martin Weishaar, Administrative Director (ex-officio)
- 2015 - 2016 Classroom Grants
- 2014 - 2015 Classroom Grants
- 2013 - 2014 Classroom Grants
- 2012 - 2013 Classroom Grants
Honor someone with a Foundation gift
Honor someone with a donation in their name to the Auburn-Washburn Public Schools Foundation and help us enhance, enrich, and expand education opportunities in the classroom.
The Auburn-Washburn Public Schools Foundation provides classroom grants to educators seeking funds to implement an activity or project in an individual classroom or with a group of students. The Foundation plans to fund several classroom grants up to $1000, but may fund a single project up to $5000. All funds must be used during the school year for which they are awarded.
Funds may be used for any expenses necessary to carry out a project or program except for food, staff salaries, and merchandise used as incentives, rewards, or motivational items.
Applicants may apply as often as they choose. Selection is base on the following criteria, with priority given to new proposals:
- Probability of direct, worthwhile impact on students
- Demonstration of innovation and creativity, which provides a learning experience not otherwise available
- Relationship of project to school/district goals and outcomes
- Focus on improving the quality of teaching and learning
In order to be considered, applications must be received by the deadline. See the application form for details.
Questions or comments may be directed to: