Substitute Teachers have a very important role in inspiring, challenging, and preparing every child, every day. They have the ability to make a positive difference in the lives of students and help students learn.
Applying to become a substitute teacher:
- Apply online with Auburn-Washburn.
- Provide a copy of your substitute teaching license (State of Kansas license required) to Human Resources.*
- Human Resources will review all application information and contact you for a one-way video interview.
- Complete a criminal background check and Child Abuse and Neglect Registry check.
- Participate in the district-paid, online STEDI training, mandatory for Emergency Substitute License holders (not required for those with a teaching degree).
- Provide a signed Certification of Health which includes a TB test.
- Complete new hire paperwork and get photo ID badge.
For additional information, please contact Lindsay Crawford in Human Resources at (785) 339-4037 or email@example.com.
* Information about substitute teaching license requirements and how to obtain a license can be found at KSDE. Standard processing time for KSDE is 4-8 weeks, depending on application and call volume which is highest from May to August.
Per KSDE, an individual may temporarily qualify for an emergency substitute license with the following:
- High school diploma; and
- Completion of Greenbush's Emergency Substitute Training Modules (training may be completed now); and
- Verification of hire from a local education agency (LEA)
- Application and $60 processing fee.
- Fingerprint background check and fee.
- Individuals who previously received a TEAL license are not required to re-submit fingerprints.
- Individual may serve no more than 15 consecutive days in the same assignment.