Bookkeeper @ Washburn Rural High School
- Washburn Rural High School
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
To assist in the administration of the high school business affairs so as to provide the maximum educational services for the financial resources available.
SALARY: $14.15-19.15/hour (wage determined by years of relevant experience)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 8 hours/day, approximately 10.5 months/year (benefits-eligible)
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
- High school graduate or the equivalent: business training in accounting and computer operations preferred, secretarial skills required. Previous bookkeeping experience required.
- Demonstrate typing and work processing skills on District test battery.
- Demonstrates competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of business terminology and procedures, office equipment, and bookkeeping procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain complex accounting records, prepare financial statements, and prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and courtesy.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.