Behavior Technician @ Pauline South Intermediate
- Pauline South Intermediate
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
A Behavior Technician (BT) practices under the close, ongoing supervision of their case manager and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). BT's will also have the opportunity to receive self-paced online training, at no cost to them, to become nationally credentialed as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT). An RBT credential signifies a higher level of service.
SALARY: $18.00/hour (Behavior Technician), $20/hour (Registered Behavior Technician)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 7 hours/day, 9 months/year (benefits-eligible)
REPORTS TO: Assigned Teacher and Building Principal
- A high school diploma and be at least 18 years of age
- Willingness to enroll and complete a self-paced online RBT certification sponsored by USD 437.
- Completion of all training requirements outlined in the New Employee Checklist (provided by district) and BT training checklist
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills, problem-solving
- Preference for previous experience working with students with Autism and/or developmental disabilities
- Preference for a life long learner willing to learn about Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to support our students to progress in their navigation of the community and academic setting.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.