Substitute Teachers @ USD 437
- Substitute Teaching
- District Wide
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
Rate of Pay: $115.00 per full day and $57.50 per half day. Former USD 437 teachers will receive $120.00 per day and $60.00 per half day.
Approximate Hours: Elementary 8:00-4:00 | Secondary 7:30-3:30
Employment Process Information: All substitute teachers must have a completed employment file in order to start working in the Auburn-Washburn School District. Each file must contain:
- At least two letters of recommendation (or provide this form to your references). They can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded with your application.
- Cleared Background Checks – Criminal and Child Abuse & Neglect Registry *paid for by the district
- KSDE Teaching Certificate (Professional/Initial, Standard Substitute, or Emergency Substitute)
- STEDI Training (mandatory for ESUB holders who haven't completed a teacher prep program from an accredited university) *paid for by the district
- Certification of Health - Pass a TB test & Physical Exam
- Completed employment paperwork
Certificates/Licenses (Issued by KSDE)
- Emergency Substitute License (60 College Credits)
- Temporary Emergency Substitute License (less than 60 College Credits)
- Standard Substitute License (completed teaching program)
- Professional/Initial Teaching License
*KSDE requires fingerprints (either ink or Live Scan) and $50 payment for first-time license applicants or expired licenses. This is in addition to the application fee.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.