- Wanamaker Elementary
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
To provide all students with a physical learning environment that is safe, clean, attractive, pleasant, and smooth-functioning.
SALARY: $12.00-$18.25/hour (wage determined by years of relevant experience)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 8 hours/day, 12 months/year (benefits-eligible)
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and/or Maintenance Supervisor
1. High school graduate, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2. Good knowledge of maintenance methods, materials and equipment and ability to use them economically and efficiently.
3. Ability to understand and follow simple verbal and written directions.
4. Extensive janitorial experience, some of which shall have been at the level of the position.
5. Some experience as a semi-skilled handyman.
6. Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
8. Ability to get along well with others.
9. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.