Activity & Field Trip Bus Driver
- District Wide
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curriculum and extracurricular program.
SALARY LEVEL: $22.00/hour
START DATE: August 8, 2023
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 months/year (as needed)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Transportation
- This is an as-needed position for the school district's athletics and activities. Hours and needs will vary throughout the school year.
- Previous bus driving experience helpful, but not required.
- Assistance training and obtaining Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with S&P Endorsement provided.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Hold a valid Kansas Commercial Driver’s License (C.D.L. B or A with S & P Endorsements) OR ability to attend training and obtain Kansas Commercial Driver’s License
3. Thorough knowledge of traffic laws, bus regulations, district policies, rules, and transportation regulations.
4. Good driving skills.
5. No serious driving violations.
6. Ability to pass a bus driver physical examination.
7. Ability to pass a Medic First Aid Course.
8. Ability to pass a Defensive Driving Course.
9. Ability to maintain good discipline on bus.
10. Ability to get along well with students, patrons, and staff; exercising courtesy and tact.
11. Experience driving a bus preferred.
12. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
13. Must be 18 years of age or over.
14. Attend and/or watch required safety meetings.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.