Secretary to the Superintendent of Schools & Board of Education Clerk
- Shuler Education Center
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
Secretary to the Superintendent of Schools
To assure the efficient and organized operation of the Superintendent’s office and to contribute to effective school/public relations by prompt and courteous handling of all inquiries and visitors. To assist and relieve administrative supervisor of paperwork and impediments, so that he/she may devote maximum attention to the administration of the district.
SALARY: $15.00-$20.00/hour (wage determined by years of relevant experience)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 8 hours/day, 12 months/year (benefits-eligible)
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
Clerk of the Board of Education
SALARY: $22.50/hour (BOE meeting attendance hours only)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve (12) months per year
REPORTS TO: Board of Education
- Attend all regular and special meetings of the Board of Education. (excluding work sessions).
- Attend long-term suspension hearings and prepare hearing officer’s decisions; notify Board Attorney if decision is appealed by parents and make arrangements for appeal hearing; prepare notification to parents and staff involved.
- Keep full and accurate minutes of all regular and special meetings of the Board of Education.
- Give public notice of all meetings of the Board of Education.
- Help prepare the Board agenda with the known items of business to be considered at the meeting and electronically release the Board packet to the Board of Education at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Publish all legal notices concerning district business.
- Keep a record of all tabled items and request for future items for the Board of Education agenda.
- Perform other tasks from time to time that may be assigned.
- Prepare correspondence, requisitions and related papers as it pertains to the Board of Education.
- Update board policy on computer when new or revised policies are adopted and notify appropriate personnel.
- The Deputy Clerk, when appointed, will perform those duties of the Clerk as assigned and under the supervision of the Clerk.
Secretary to the Superintendent of Schools
- High school graduate or equivalent, including, or supplemented by, courses in typing and business practices; prefer completion of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skill and ability.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in working with PC operations, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other office equipment.
- Demonstrate competence for assigned responsibility and maintain confidentiality of employee and student records and files.
- Proficient in business English, spelling, commercial math, and proofreading.
- Knowledge of the overall operations of a school district’s central office, the functions and scope of authority of the central office as related to the handling and dispositions of complaints and requests for information.
- Proficient and professional in the use of tact and courtesy, and the exercise of good judgment.
- Ability to make minor decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, district policies, department policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to prepare effective correspondence on routine matters and to perform routine office management details with only general supervision.
- Ability to accurately complete official state reports and district reports and records.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
Clerk of the BOE
Such qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
Link to Full Job Description for Secretary to the Superintendent of Schools
Link to Full Job Description for Clerk of the Board of Education
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.