Food Service Manager
- Food Service
- Wanamaker Elementary
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
To prepare and serve the students attractive and nutritious meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, and cooperation.
SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$20.00/hour (wage determined by years of relevant experience)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 8 hours/day, 9 months/year (benefits-eligible)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Food Service and Principal
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Demonstrate aptitude or competence in basic nutrition, quantity food production, sanitation/safety, inventory, personnel management, and record keeping. Minimum two years experience in quantity food production.
3. Possess and maintain the Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) qualification or, the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) certification at the Manager Level; or demonstrate the ability to attain either qualification within six months of hiring date. (Any staff member hired prior to this revision date is required to achieve and maintain either certification within 24 months of this revision date.) 4. Good personal appearance and cleanliness.
5. Evidence of initiative, ingenuity, loyalty, and willingness to cooperate.
6. Ability to lead and work with other food service employees.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.