Maintenance & Transportation Mechanic
- District Wide
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
As an outstanding member of the staff and community, provide all
students with a physical learning environment that is safe, well maintained, and current while effectively managing all resources.
SALARY: $16.00-$22.25/hour (wage determined by years of relevant experience)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 8 hours/day, 12 months/year (benefits-eligible)
REPORTS TO: Maintenance/Transportation Foreman
• Completion of standard high school or trade school course, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Knowledge of standard practices, tools, and terminology of one or more service trades, including; electrical, electronics, small engine repair, custodial equipment repair, hydraulic and pneumatic component functions, custodial procedures, and basic understanding of automotive diagnosis, repair, and maintenance techniques.
• Willingness to be trained in the functions of multiple trades.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions to include wiring diagrams and schematics.
• Dependable, ability to plan and utilize time efficiently, and ability to show good judgment.
• Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the State of Kansas, and ability to obtain a Class B CDL with S and P endorsements within one year of hire date.
• Ability to get along well with others and to communicate at all levels professionally and with tact.
• Ability to provide own general hand tools.
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.