- District Wide
At Auburn-Washburn, we have a positive and professional culture. We are often described by our employees as a family. We are collaborative and work together to inspire, prepare, and challenge every child, every day. We are student-centered and make decisions for what is best for students. We have high expectations for our staff, students, and community. And we love to celebrate success. We are proud of who we are and what we do!
As a custodian you will work with a team to keep the building and outdoor premises neat and clean at all times. You will conduct and ongoing program of general maintenance and replacement of essential items. Teachers, students, and building visitors will benefit from an environment that is safe, clean, attractive, pleasant, and smooth-functioning.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months/year
*This is an on-call position, so hours will vary. This position gives you the opportunity to have a flexible schedule.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor and/or Principal
1. High school graduate, or any equivalent
combination of experience and training
which he provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2. Good knowledge of maintenance methods, materials and equipment and ability to use them economically and efficiently.
3. Ability to understand and follow simple verbal and written directions.
4. Extensive janitorial experience, some of which shall have been at the level of the position.
5. Some experience as a semi-skilled handyman.
6. Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
8. Ability to get along well with others.
9. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as are determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.