Auburn-Washburn USD 437 entered into a contract with energy consulting firm, Cenergistic, in December of 2012. Since that time, the district has reduced its carbon footprint the equivalent of removing 456 cars for the road for an entire year!
The primary goals of this program are to set a good example in the community by reducing our energy consumption; setting a good example for our staff, students, and patrons; and generally improving the quality of our environment.
Some other important goals of this energy initiative are as follows:
- Ensure we are good stewards of our tax payers' money by reducing utility costs
- Reduce utility costs, allowing us to free up funds to purchase learning materials and new technologies, and maintain our facilities and infrastructure
- Ensure students, staff, and visitors are comfortable while in our buildings
- Eliminate waste of electricity, water, and/or natural resources
- Set an example for our students, so that conservation becomes a part of their lifestyle
More about our Energy Conservation Program
GreenQuest Energy Tracking
As part of our partnership with Cenergistic, community members have free access to GreenQuest energy tracking software to help them save money by reducing energy consumption at home.
Click the button below to get started: