Applying to become a substitute teacher:
- Provide a copy of your substitute teaching license (State of Kansas license required).
- Apply online.
- Provide three reference letters with your substitute teaching application.
- Wait for an approval call from Human Resources.
- Complete permissions forms for criminal background and Child Abuse and Neglect Registry checks with Human Resources.
- Complete district-paid, online STEDI training, mandatory for Emergency Substitute License holders (not required for those with a teaching degree).
- Provide TB test results one or fewer years old, along with a signed certificate of health from your physician.
- Complete start-up paperwork with Human Resources and get photo ID badge.