March 24, 1:30 PM
We hope everyone is staying safe and doing well. Yesterday, our schools rolled out the continuous learning program, #keeplearning. In addition to an email from the district, our teachers and school staff have been reaching out directly to students and families to provide support.
We have gotten a lot of feedback about the rollout. What we shared this week was a “soft” launch of the program and we will continue to adjust moving forward.
Some families have expressed a desire to have more. We support this and encourage parents to look for other resources and activities for their children if needed. We will provide these when appropriate. However, right now we are committed to:
- Maintaining the level of excellence, the Auburn-Washburn community has come to expect
- Providing a guaranteed and viable curriculum focused on quality over quantity
- Being careful not to overload families during this challenging time
We have been collecting information about students' access to technology in preparation for some online learning that may come in the weeks ahead. We recognize that not all students have a device or access to the Internet so we will continue to provide print materials as well. We will use the results of our survey to plan accordingly.
We appreciate your ongoing support as our continuous learning efforts evolve and expand.
Since the beginning of the school closure, we have been providing grab and go breakfast and lunch at Pauline Central for all students. About 600 meals have been distributed each day.
We are excited to announce that starting Wednesday, March 25, we will be expanding grab and go meals to Auburn Elementary and Washburn Rural High School. On Thursday, March 26, the meal distribution will begin at Indian Hills Elementary. We plan to expand to Wanamaker Elementary and Jay Shideler Elementary sometime next week.
Grab and go meals are available free of charge to any child age 1 to 18 from any of our drive-up locations.
- Washburn Rural High School – 10:30 am-Noon
- Auburn Elementary (810 N Commercial St, Auburn) – 10:30 am-Noon
- Pauline Central (6625 SW Westview Rd) – 9:00-10:30 am.
- Indian Hills Elementary (7445 SW 29th St) – 10:30 am-Noon (starts Thursday, March 26)
- Wanamaker Elementary (6630 SW 10th Ave) – 10:30 am-Noon (anticipated start sometime during the week of March 30)
- Jay Shideler (4948 SW Wanamaker Rd) – 10:30 am-Noon (anticipated start sometime during the week of March 30)
We will share updates as soon as the Jay Shideler and Wanamaker distribution starting dates are confirmed.