Posted 5/26/20, 6:44 PM
Boxed Produce Available Wednesday, 5-27-20
Auburn-Washburn is continuing the distribution of free boxed produce. The boxes of fruits and vegetables can be picked up between 10:30 and noon, or until all are taken.
The distribution will take place along the access road between Washburn Rural middle and high schools. Please enter the road off of SW 61st Street at the southeast corner of the Washburn Rural Middle School campus. To speed distribution, vehicles will form two lines along the access road (see map).
The boxes are being made available through a partnership between the Auburn-Washburn Child Nutrition program and the USDA. The distribution will continue each Wednesday from 10:30 to noon through the summer.
Additional meal distribution updates:
- The Auburn-Washburn Food Service staff are currently providing grab and go meals on weekdays at the following drive-up locations:
Washburn Rural High School (5900 SW 61st St) – 10:30 am-Noon
Auburn Elementary (810 N Commercial St, Auburn) – 10:30 am-Noon
Pauline Central (6625 SW Westview Rd) – 10:30 am-Noon
- Beginning Tuesday, May 26, the distribution time at Pauline Central was changed to 10:30 am-Noon.
- Distribution will continue at all three sites through June 30 (food supplies and staffing permitting).
- Beginning July 1, meal distribution will only take place at Pauline Central. Adjustments to the process may be implemented at that time.
- The program at Pauline Central will continue through July 28 (food supplies and staffing permitting).
- Meals for Friday, July 3 will be distributed on July 2. There will be no distribution on Friday, July 3 in observance of the July 4 Holiday.