SAFELY FORWARD IN AUBURN-WASHBURN – RETURN TO SCHOOL PLAN
Posted 7/25/20, 12:30 PM
• The start of school will be moved from August 13* to Thursday, August 27. A revised calendar will be finalized and shared the week of July 27.
• Auburn-Washburn will start the 2020-2021 school year in Hybrid Phase 2. General information is in the Return to School plan. Specific details about the Hybrid Phase and corresponding schedules will be shared as soon as possible.
• Parents who have not yet completed online registration are encouraged to do so as soon as possible so that schedules or remote learning plans can be developed. Online registration information is available in parent email messages or at www.usd437.net. Walk-in-Registration will NOT be held.
• Parents who complete online registration will receive a questionnaire about technology access and other items. Along with the questionnaire, parents can indicate a preference for starting the school year via remote learning. The district will follow up with additional information. Parents must complete online registration before the questionnaire and remote sign-up form can be sent.
• Some steps for students at WRHS may need to be completed in person prior to the start of school. WRHS will notify students about when and how these steps can be completed.
We appreciate the support of the community as we work to return to school as quickly as possible while we focus on keeping students and staff safe. We also appreciate all the feedback submitted through the recent Thoughtexchange.
*An email message to parents and staff had incorrectly listed August 6 as the original start date of school. August 6 is the start date for staff.
All plans are based on currently know facts and are subject to change. Parent email is the primary method of communication for updates. Please make sure your household contact information is correct when you register. If you have completed registration and updates are necessary, please contact your child's school.