Inspiring and challenging every child, every day
The Mission of the Auburn-Washburn School District is to deliver an exemplary, world-class education for all students,
instilling in them the knowledge, skills, and character required to be responsible and productive citizens.
The Auburn-Washburn School District will provide all children a safe, enjoyable, and challenging school environment where
they have the opportunity to achieve their maximum individual education potential. All students will receive a balanced
education where traditional scholastics are taught, creativity and innovation are cultivated, and life skills are learned;
preparing them to assume roles as responsible citizens in a global community.
We believe learning is a lifelong process. The following values will help realize our Vision:
We believe in the value and uniqueness of each STUDENT.
We believe that EXCELLENCE in education is a multifaceted process.
- Each Student -
- has different needs
- should have the opportunity and be encouraged to reach his/her potential
- is entitled to a safe and secure school environment
We believe that RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITY are essential components of an excellent education.
- Excellence -
- requires the commitment and judicious stewardship of community resources
- prepares students to become productive members of a global society; to live and work in a complex, ever changing world
- should be grounded in fundamental skills
- is a dynamic process in order to meet changing needs
- requires rigorous assessment and feedback to both students and faculty
- requires focus on the future
- depends upon effectively managed financial and physical resources
- academic excellence and good citizenship should be recognized and rewarded
- Students, parents, faculty and staff all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect
- Communication enhances trust and cooperation
- Each student is responsible for his/her own actions
- Responsibility for public education rests jointly with students, parents, teachers and community